Sunday, December 20, 2009

If I wanted to add scallops to a crab newburg recipe, do I have to pre-cook them?

Can I just toss them into the sauce during the last three or four minutes?If I wanted to add scallops to a crab newburg recipe, do I have to pre-cook them?
Well, it depends on what kind of scallops you are using. If you have Bay Scallops, I would recommend just a minute or two on medium high heat in saute dish with light butter, if you are using Sea Scallops, then you should definitely pan sear them first, about 2 minutes each side, lightly oiled pan. If you have Sea Diver Scallops, they will require about 3 1/5 minutes on each side, high heat pan with a heavy bottomed pan and oil. A traditional Newburg has chopped shellfish, consisting of lobster, crab and shrimp, you could also chop your Scallops and add them right into your seafood mix, if they are all in their ';raw state';. Hope this helps you out today and Merry Christmas to you!If I wanted to add scallops to a crab newburg recipe, do I have to pre-cook them?
That depends on how high the heat is. Scallops need to cook quickly until they flake. Personally I would grill them, or rather sear them, before I toss them into the sauce. The sauce will usually curdle if you cook it too fast or with too much heat. My usual method for cooking scallops is to wrap them in thick sliced smoked bacon. Then I sear them. I add sauce after they are cooked. If I use sauce! Good Luck %26amp; Blessings
Sure! But I'd make sure they cooked in the sauce for at least 7 minutes.
  • ingredients cream
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment