Thursday, December 24, 2009

How do you cook that dish? Can someone give me a recipe?

Back in school, they used to serve ground meat cooked with tomatoes, green pepper and some other stuff I think. I don't know the name of this dish but I used to love it. I tried cooking it a lot of times but I couldn't. Does anyone have any idea what this dish is and how I can cook it. I am dying to eat it but I am out of school now and I can't go in there for it. I never liked school lunch but this was the only food I liked. Please let me know the recipe if you happen to know what I am talking about. Thank you.How do you cook that dish? Can someone give me a recipe?
Tita--- It sounds like Goulash to me .


Here is a good one.


2--pounds ground beef


2--large onions (chopped)


3--cups water


2--15 oz. cans tomato sauce


2--15 oz. cans diced tomatoes


3--bay leaves +2 table spoons Italian seasoning


3--table spoons soy sauce


2--tea spoons salt


2-- tea spoon garlic powder


1/2--tea spoon pepper


1--table spoon seasoned salt


2--cups elbo macaroni


In a dutchoven saute the ground beef over med.-high heat untill no pink remains.Break up the meat while sauteing.Spoon off grease. Add the onions and saute untill tender about 5 min. Add 3 cups water along with the tomato sauce and tomatoes,Italian seasoning,bay leaves,salt seasoned salt and soy sauce and garlic powder.Stir well


cover pot and allow to cook 15 or 20 min.


Stiring often. Add elbo macaroni stir well


return the lid to the pot and simmer for about 30 min.Stiring often. Turn off heat remove the bay leaves and allow the mixture to sit about 30 min.more before serving. Serve with garlic bread and a salad


Hope you and your family injoy it.


this recipe would be easy to cut in half for a small family. jim bHow do you cook that dish? Can someone give me a recipe?
Maybe it was Spanish Rice?


INGREDIENTS


2 tablespoons vegetable oil


1 cup uncooked white rice


1 onion, chopped


1/2 green bell pepper, chopped


2 cups water


1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes and green chiles


2 teaspoons chili powder, or to taste


1 teaspoon salt


DIRECTIONS


Heat oil in a deep skillet over medium heat. Saute rice, onion, and bell pepper until rice is browned and onions are tender.


Stir in water and tomatoes. Season with chili powder and salt. Cover, and simmer for 30 minutes, or until rice is cooked and liquid is absorbed
Sounds like Sloppy Joes to me. Was it served on a bun?


Try one of these recipes ::
Goulash maybe?





Did it have noodles in it?
Goulash!





Here's an easy recipe:





Skillet Goulash





1 lb ground beef


1 medium onion, chopped


1 (16 ounce) can tomatoes, undrained


1 stalk celery, chopped


1/2 cup water


1 1/2 teaspoons salt


1/4 teaspoon pepper


1/8 teaspoon dried basil leaves


1/8 teaspoon dried marjoram


1 1/2 cups uncooked egg noodles





Cook ground beef and onion in 10 inch skillet, stirring occasionally, until beef is brown; drain.


Stir in remaining ingredients; break up tomatoes.


Heat to boiling: reduce heat.


Cover and simmer about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until noodles are tender.


(Add small amount of water if necessary.).

No comments:

Post a Comment