Sunday, December 20, 2009

Has human breast milk ever been used in cooking recipes?

Yes, it has. I heard last night that someone is opening a restaurant in Switzerland that will feature it in recipes. Why?





Having nursed three babies, there were occasions were I had extra milk. Breast milk can be frozen and some mothers do this so that there's milk available should she need to be away from her baby for a few hours. I've heard of doing this to preserve it for infants who can't digest anything but human milk. (rare but it happens).





I've poured leftover thawed breast milk into muffin batter and sauces. It worked. I sure wasn't going to pour something that expensive down the sink. Has human breast milk ever been used in cooking recipes?
Human Breast Milk now on MENU of a Swiss Restaurant...!





Report


As controversial as it can get, an owner of a Swiss Restaurant Hans Locher has decided to improve the menu of his restaurant with local specialities such as meat stew and various soups with sauces containing at least 75% of the mother's milk.





He is of the view that it is healthy to use mother's milk and the nutrition level in the mother's milk is more as compared to the milk of other mammals. Mr Locher attracted the attention of the leading media of the German-speaking world this week after he posted ads looking for women donors, who will receive just over three pounds for 14 ounces of their milk.





The food control authority in Switzerland was initially confused by the apparent loophole in local legislation regulating the use of human milk and it was not clear whether Mr Locher could actually be banned from serving his specialities becuase the law doesnot put human breat milk in the catagory of neither the allowed or the banned milk that can be used in food


Has human breast milk ever been used in cooking recipes?
I'm not sure of the answer, but it does seem ironic that we accept cows milk as being good, but the idea of consuming human ( our species) milk grosses most people out.





I would have to agree that if you produced an abundant amount of milk, it could be used for batters and such, Interesting question though, because of the multi faceted thoughts of the breasts, from being a sexual object to being a food supply for babies.






I am sure it has. As a matter of fact, I was listening to the local radio station here yesterday and the DJs were talking about a guy that was going to be opening up a restaurant where some of his food was made from human breast milk. I didnt catch where the restaurant was going to be opening at, but yea...he was going to be using breast milk in his cooking.
I have never heard of it being called for in a recipe. I heard the morning Djs talking about it on the radio yesterday. I don't think it is safe to drink breast milk from just anyones boob. If the breast milk provider has certain diseases, and if the milk is not properly cooked, it would be possible for the person consuming the milk to get them too. Breast milk is very sweet though.
Yuk...I hope not. And this person that is mentioned that is opening a restaurant with dishes that are made from human breast milk ...all I can say is ugh and yuk. I would NEVER eat there. I would be sitting there eating my meal trying to visualize the person who donated their milk. Just nasty.
on regis and kelly this morning *minus regis* they were talking about a man who has a restaurant and uses breast milk in a lot of his recipes. Weird!!
kinda gross to picture but there a some sick people out there who i am sure have tried it. someone out there probably created their own little recipe! i dont doubt anything anywhere nowadays! what made you think of that? lol
why...are you out of regular milk? I'm sure someone has tried this, but most people would be grossed out if they knew something was made with human milk so no one really spreads the word about it
Au Natural Chocolate Milk, The kids love it!!
I know a gal who is breast feeding and jogging. does this constitute a milk shake?
';Soup de la mixed body fluids'; - It's an age old recipe %26amp; very savoury
Indian milkcake
Oh disgusting!
HA! HA! WHAT KIND OF QUESTION IS THIS?? HA! HA!
I used it to mix up cereal %26amp; stuff for my baby.


Does that count?
*gaggs* omg i hope not lol........ maybe in baby food though

No comments:

Post a Comment