Thursday, January 7, 2010

Has anyone ever tried to bake or cook only using half the sugar in a recipe??

I have always used only half the recommended sugar in a recipe, and it always tastes good, but remember to add twice the vanilla. The vanilla accentuates the sweetness without the added sugar or sweetness, I always have gotten good results in 30 years of baking and cooking. Thanks, SandraHas anyone ever tried to bake or cook only using half the sugar in a recipe??
Yes , some recipes just have to much sugar for my taste. I use splenda too.Has anyone ever tried to bake or cook only using half the sugar in a recipe??
Wow! A question with the answer! thanks!





I made a hot potato salad yesterday, and I know I could have done fine with half the sugar in the dressing.
Yes I have done it many times.It will not work in all recipes you make(especially some candies).
There are a lot of diabetics in our family and years ago there weren't very many sugar free products so we were always experimenting with half and no sugar recipes. The only thing we noticed is that sometimes things don't brown as well and the colouring in jams and preserves aren't as bright, but they taste great!
I've tried cutting sugar drastically in baking cakes %26amp; cookies but no one else would eat the product -- complained about lack of flavor.





It got to a point where I didn't notice it too much because I became accustomed to eating foods that were not very sweet but others did notice immediately.
I dont use half the sugar, but I use sugar light which is half the calories !
  • dry skin
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment