Thursday, January 7, 2010

Do you like to cook? what is your favourite recipes?

Yes I do. I'm quite good at pastry. I like to cook a minced meat pie.Do you like to cook? what is your favourite recipes?
I love to cook. I get down when my freezer is full, because I can't cook to stock it up. I like Indian, Chinese but especially Italian, for it's simplicity and passion.





One of my favourite Italian recipes is this one. It just gives such a luxurious result from so few relatively simple ingredients. I shall be cooking it for my Valentine on the day.





SMOKED SALMON TAGLIATELLE





Serves 2





INGREDIENTS





125g pack of smoked salmon pieces


2 cloves of garlic


1 onion


1 tablespoon of olive oil


1 tablespoon of flour


150ml carton of single cream


1 teaspoon of mixed herbs


At least 300ml of water


录 of a teaspoon of salt


200g of tagliatelle


Ground pepper to taste





METHOD





Cut the smoked salmon into 2cm (1 inch) pieces. Peel the garlic and chop it into tiny pieces. Peel the onion and chop it into tiny pieces.





Put the oil into a frying pan on a medium heat. Add the onion and garlic. Cook for a couple of minutes until the onion has gone soft. Stir frequently to stop it sticking. Add the flour and stir until it has absorbed the oil and juices in the pan. Add the cream, herbs and smoked salmon. Stir and cook for about a minute until it has made a smooth sauce.





Put the water and salt into a saucepan on a medium heat. Bring to the boil. Add the pasta. Stir it to stop it sticking to the bottom of the pan. Bring back to the boil and continue to cook. Stir frequently to stop it sticking.





Begin testing it about 2 minutes before the packet instructions say it should be done. The best way to judge if pasta is cooked is to bite it. This is tricky, because if you fish out a bit and stick in your mouth you may burn your mouth on the boiling water. Wait a bit and blow on it, then bite it. If it is hard it needs longer. If it is chewy (or 鈥榓l dente鈥? Italian for 鈥榯o the teeth鈥? it is ready. If it is soft it is overcooked.





Drain the pasta in a sieve or colander.





Always 鈥榯ake the pasta to the sauce鈥? Put the pasta in the pan with the sauce and stir together until thoroughly coated.





Season with the pepper.





ADDITIONS %26amp; ALTERATIONS





Use cr猫me fra卯che instead of the cream.





The half cream, half green mixed tagliatelle (called 鈥榩aglia e fieno鈥? or 鈥榮traw and hay鈥? looks really good with this sauce.





TIPS





If you use enough water, add the pasta when the water is boiling, stir the pasta frequently and don鈥檛 wander off (鈥楪li spaghetti amano la compagnia鈥? or 鈥榮paghetti loves company鈥? and don鈥檛 overcook it, adding olive oil to the water to stop it sticking is totally unnecessary.Do you like to cook? what is your favourite recipes?
I love cooking I have no favourite recipe I just cook and make things up as I go along, depending on what is available at the time. The importance of food is that it tastes good and has the right nutritional values. I like all cuisines from all over the world and as they say variety is the spice of life
~~UI use to, however I am totally burned out now. Too many years of kithcen duty, did me in.





My favorite recipe is ranch chicken. Take a boneless skinless chicked breasts, Broil on each side till almost done. Last 2 minutes take a packed of dry ranch dressing mix and mix with olive oil till its a thin spread.





Then just coat one side of the chicken and broil the last 2 minutes.





Tastes really good and is super fast and easy, healthy too!~~
I don't like cooking but I like the result when I do it.





Lemon drizzle cake





Beef casserole, using olive oil.





Toad in the hole.





Roast lamb, roast potatoes, roast onions and parsnips, carrots, sprouts and a tasty gravy. Not forgetting mint sauce.





Plum Upside down cake/pudding.





Brownies.





Caesar salad.
love to cook. i try to prepare eclectic menus. do a lot of experimenting with flour and sugar substitutions. as you know ya' gotta taste what ya' try; sometimes that can be fattening!
Yeah, I love cooking, my favourite recipes are tom yum gai, prawn stir-fries, and many curries and other dishes, favourite right now would be a seafood hotpot.
I love cooking deserts. Especially baked lemon cheese cake and chocolate crunch cake. And rocky road.
I think when I was a collage in 2018





but,





I learn to cook last year when my tita cook Halayang Ube.





That's why when my tita ask me a permission to cook
I'm a fantastic cook. Favourite recipe: Butter a la Toast.
I love to cook





Coq au vin


Lancashire Hotpot


Full Sunday roast dinner
I am a Chef,but I have so many favourites it will take me all night to write them down!!!!!xxxx
anything that calls for chocolate =]
Yes, i like to cook. Chinese cuisine = ]
no..but i like to eat..especiall dim sum

No comments:

Post a Comment