Thursday, January 7, 2010

Can you cook raw meatballs in the spagetti sauce. Recipe says to cook this way for about two hours?

that is the only way i make mine now, no more browning or baking for me anymore. just simmer till cooked through, gently stirring only when necessary...Can you cook raw meatballs in the spagetti sauce. Recipe says to cook this way for about two hours?
I have a never fail recipe from my deceased Aunt that got it from her Italian mother in law.


I make the meatballs %26amp; very carefully drop them into the sauce %26amp; simmer it for at least 2 hours.


The meatballs come out much more moist than when you brown them first. I have always found when you brown them in a separate pan they taste dry or too hard.Can you cook raw meatballs in the spagetti sauce. Recipe says to cook this way for about two hours?
Yes you can. It would also be okay to brown them for about 5 minutes to jump start the cooking process. I would actually cook them a little longer, I generally cook my sauce with meatballs for about 4 hours.
Yes, but you won't be able to stir it for awhile. I'd suggest browning them in a skillet or baking on a bakign sheet to brown them and get a crust, THEN stick in the spag sauce.
You can, but browning the meatball either in the oven or in a skillet will yield a meatball with a better taste and texture.
If you don't care if they are browned cooking them in the sauce will just steam or poach them which is perfectly fine if that's the way you like them.
Yes I always do, however I cook them in my slow cooker and I brown them slightly around the outsides first so they stay together.
yes you can, but make sure there is less fat or your sauce may be greasy.
Absolutely...that's how they make Cincinatti Chili. Has a much softer texture...but very good anyway...enjoy!!!
yes, just make sure you cook them all the way.


be gentle when you stir
  • dry skin
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment